Outreach Support Service
What is the Outreach Support Service?
The Outreach Support Service is provided by Sandy Lane Nursery and Forest School on behalf of the Local Authority.
The Outreach Support Service has close links with other agencies including:
- Health professionals working within the Child Development Centre (CDC)
- Local Authority Inclusion and Education Support Officers
- Early Years practitioners working within nurseries across Warrington.
The Early Years Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (EYs SEND) Outreach Teacher is Lynn Miller.
Lynn co-ordinates the daily management of the Outreach Support Service at Sandy Lane Nursery and Forest School.
The outreach team provide the following:
- Support for children experiencing additional and complex needs (aged 0-4 years) who are referred to the CDC
- An overview of options available for nursery/pre-school (where the child is not yet attending nursery)
- Guidance and support for staff working within the child’s nursery/pre-school (Private and Voluntary settings only)
- Liaison with health and education professionals
- Information and advice for parents in planning to start school
- An assessment of the child’s individual and educational needs