What to wear
Although uniform is not compulsory many parents find it easier to dress their children each day in a uniform. We do have available sweatshirts and polo shirts with the school logo which you can purchase from the school office. Alternatively you can buy the following from ASDA or Tesco: red sweatshirt, polo shirts, black grey jogging bottoms/leggings or skirt. We also sometimes get donations of 'preloved' uniforms children have grown out of. Any donated uniform will be available in the entrance area for families free of charge.
Should you choose not to send your child in uniform then we do advise the following:
- Dress your child in ‘easy’ clothes to manage. Dungarees, trousers and jeans with buttons can be difficult for young children who are trying to become independent. Jogging bottoms or leggings are much easier
- Dress your child in play clothes rather than best clothes – playing can be a messy business
- Encourage your child to dress and undress themselves, even though it will take a little longer. Let them take off and put on their own coat and hang it up by themselves
- Clearly name all items of clothing which your child might take off at nursery
- Provide your child with full-toed shoes even in the warmer weather to ensure their feet and toes are protected at all times e.g. when climbing
- Children do have access to the outdoors in all weathers, so please ensure your child is appropriately dressed. This means covering up in the sunshine and warm coats and jumpers in the cooler weather
We do provide waterproof trousers and jackets and we do have some wellies, however you may wish to bring along your child’s own wellies. If so please mark each boot with their name.