Throughout December we have been celebrating Advent and Christmas across the nursery- the children have had the opportunity to engage in a range of celebrations, inclusive activities, essential experiences and sensory explorations.
Just a snapshot of some of the amazing festivities that have taken place are:
- A delicious christmas dinner with all the trimmings including turkey, roast potatoes, pigs in blankets, sprouts and gravy!
- An essential experince to Bold Heath Garden Centre to pick our own christmas trees
- Beautiful crafting and mark making to create christmas cards for family and friends
- Baking mince pies... from scratch!
- Designing our own salt dough decorations to be hung on our christmas trees
- A sensory walk through interactive story of the Nativity in our fabulous Forest School!
- Our christmas Makaton sign sing-a-long session - which parents could attend
- Christmas stay and play- our parents could join in with a range of activities with their children including making gingerbread and reading Christmas stories
- Christmas jumper day!!
- Sensory, messy play activities including a snow machine dance party outside
- A visit from the big guy himself! and special presents to take home